Ham and Asparagus Crepes With Parmesan Cheese
Asparagus Recipe Ingredients:
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or paprika, for color
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 to 1 1/2 cups diced or thinly sliced ham
* 18 to 24 spears of asparagus
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper, optional
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
* 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, or about 1/2 cup if finely grated
* More Parmesan cheese for topping
Asparagus Recipe Instructions:
In a blender, combine the 2 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup flour, 2 tablespoonsmelted butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and Cajun seasoning or paprika, if using. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Cut ham into small dice or slice thinly.
Heat oven to 500°.
Toss asparagus with olive oil or olive oil with fresh lemon to coat thoroughly. Arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking dish; roast for 10 minutes. Remove and let the spears cool.
In a medium saucepan, saute the onion in 3 tablespoons of butter until tender. Add the garlic and chopped red bell pepper and saute for 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pepper, parsley, and the shredded Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking, stirring, until thickened.
Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. Heat oven to 350°.
Place a crepe on a plate. Arrange ham and 3 to 4 spears of asparagus on the center of the crepe. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of sauce over the ham and asparagus; roll up or fold as desired. Arrange in the prepared baking dish; pour remaining sauce over the filled crepes. Sprinkle with more shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly.
Serve with tossed salad.